Sunday, January 16, 2011

Ban Khun Mae Restaurant, Bangkok

Another new eatery which we discovered in Siam Square, Bangkok.

Spicy glass noodle salad
 Hot ! Hot ! Hot !

Tom Yam kung or prawn tom yam
 Another hot and sour but irresitable dish with fresh water prawns.

Baked prawns with glass noodle
 My perennial fav but would have preferred the noodles with baked crabs instead.


Pineapple fried rice
Fried with the right amount of sweetness. Love those cashew nuts.


Tapioca ball & steamed pancake stuffed with pork and peanut
A mild and slightly sweet dish compared to the rest of the appetisers. But didn't do it for me. 
Tapioca boiled in syrup with coconut milk sauce and crispy water chestnut in coconut milk
Tapioca was boiled just right and goes well with the thick coconut milk. I literally licked every morsel off the plate.

Overall, the meal was delicious. The authentic Thai food is accompanied by the soft melody of the traditional Thai music which is available during dinner time. Not sure if they have the music for lunch though.

The restaurant can be found at Siam Square, Soi 8. It's hard to miss it. Just ask around if you are lost.

Thai food reminds me of my good old college days in UK where I was the kitchen helper cum waitress at a Thai restaurant. Back then life was so simple. We fussed over assignment deadlines and what to buy at Next. We worried about not getting our hands on that newly released single at Our Price. But now, it's a different ball game altogether. How I wish I could go back to those carefree days. Sighhh...


''If only I could turn back time
If only I had said what I still hide''
~Aqua~

No comments:

Post a Comment